ad1

Friday, March 21, 2014

MGTOW AS PROTEST?

The MGTOW lifestyle is a rejection of traditionalism, so I suppose it's a reaction to traditionalism.  Feminism has set about the task (for several decades - or perhaps since its inception) of demonizing men, masculinity, and anyone, regardless of gender, who doesn't accept even its most extreme and dubious assertions, claims and activities. 

So, we find ourselves in a society that at once demonizes men and masculinity while simultaneously manipulating and indoctrinating men into the very roles that feminists simultaneously damn and demand men to fulfill (i.e. protect me from/with your predatory/aggressive nature, but do so in a way that I deem to be unthreatening, but don't be a pussy about it - man up, provide for me when I demand it - either directly, via taxes or family court, but keep your manfeelz to yourself, and never, ever, question the notion that you are the oppressor; I am the oppressed).

Is it any small wonder that men  (when faced with a society that regards masculinity as fundamentally tyrannical, destructive, predatory, "rapey", violent, and evil - that is patriarchy) might reject this notion?  Is it any small wonder that some men (when faced with a society that views men and masculinity as bad for society) might resist the kind of roles that tradition would dictate, roles that are far from enviable (military cannon fodder, provider, sacrificial laborer, debt slave, husband, cuckold, media buffoon, lecherous, sex -obsessed, pervert/creep/rapist by default, sloth, oppressor, absentee father).  

Reader, I challenge you to watch 8 hours of TV and note all the hilarious and negative depictions of men on TV (or any other mass media outlet) and not come back with the same impression.

So the question a MGTOW invariably asks himself is, "WHY the fuck would I WANT to BE THAT GUY?"  Followed shortly thereafter, or perhaps before, "I'm NOT, nor have I ever been THAT GUY."  And so the spark of alienation leaps up from the smoldering congnitive dissonance he's been trying to ignore his entire life that has whispered into his ear, relentlessly, since his boyhood "This is unfair.  This is bullshit." and a flame suddenly appears, the MGTOW epiphany alights, and he whispers to himself "I don't have to go along with this.  I'm not going along with this anymore - I'm opting out."

Protest?  I don't think so - at least not any more of a protest than a dancing carnival bear who shies away from the daily lashings of his abusive and neglectful owner/trainer, the thunderous jeers and laughter under a circus tent, then one day escapes his captivity completely, into the wild, and quickly learns the true joy, freedom and power of being a bear, wild and free, once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment